- Kirill Burlov started to dance when he was 4 and dedicated his life to this art form since. After 5 years of ballet and folk dance group ‘The Pearl’ he has been selected to Riga Ballet School which graduated in 1996 after years of half boarding school. He followed his passion of dance with the studies of choreography in Latvian National Academy from 2000, which he graduate in 2004, while performing solo parts in Latvian National Opera House from 1996.
In the UK he has performed as a soloist with Northern Ballet Theatre and The Cathy Marston Project.
- Since 2003 Kirill has been commisioned to choreograph two ballets for the Latvian National Opera House 1st Diplom work‘Emils Darzinsh’(2004), 2nd repertory ballet ‘Story about clever farmer’ (2005).
He joined Rambert in 2007 and has choreographed 6 workshop pieces since. Only in London his pieces has been performed in Bernie Arts centre, The Place ROH2, Queens Elizabeth Hall among other stages. Recently he has been commissioned to choreograph a contemporary piece in collaboration with visual artist Abigail Reynolds to celebrate the opening of New Building of Rambert.
- He has organized full length contemporary dance evening in Cesis Music and Arts Festival among participating in other dance festivals during these years. Solo full length story “Ļightness” composed and organized by Kristaps Petersons accompanied by Baltic emerging composers recently took place in Latvian National Opera House. The years before after Stuttgart Dance Contest performance Burlov has been invited to dance with the Michael Clark Company, and to participate in the creation of the performance work created for the Turbine Hall at the Tate Modern.
- Last year's highlights would include collaboration with Michael Finissy, evening of Tango with Ksenija Sidorova, and Baroque solo performance with Johannes Pramsholner.
- Kirill is an organiser and an artistic director of the Baltic Art Form festival.